A historic study in 1988 stated that while a majority of business owners were happy with their consulting services, a large amount of them did not implement the advice given due to a lack of “appropriateness and lack of consultant expertise”. The more things change in the business world, thirty years later business owners still have the same concerns with their consultants.
Many consultants have years of experience in business, that however, is not a guarantee of quality or that their advice is appropriate.
To ensure you are working with the right consultant, ask these questions to assess their use to your organization:
- What experience do they have that makes you feel they can help you grow in the right direction?
- Does the consultant have experience in your specific industry?
- What added value do they bring? (Such as industry contacts, potential leads, or access to specific resources)
- How quickly can they be reached when their guidance is needed?
- What is their success rate with other clients?
The most important question you should ask before hiring a consultant or renewing your current one is this:
Based on the amount I am paying this consultant, are they providing me a significant increase in profit to justify their expense?
Once you can answer all of these questions and feel good about the answer, you are on your way to selecting the best Consulting Agency for your needs.
When your business needs premiere business consulting and advisory services, look no farther than Biz Plan World. Our expertise comes directly from helping companies grow from the ground up – ensuring their business plan is fine tuned to ensure realistic, and scalable success for your company.
With $682 Million Funded, $910 Million in Assets Created, and a 92% Approval Rate with our Clients, you are in the right place.